The energy transition is progressing rapidly and, while future low-carbon ambitions are clear, there are many unknowns and uncertainties along the way for market participants and investors. The rapid build-out of renewable energy sources and a continuously growing number of pledges to cut emissions from countries and corporates create a need to understand the energy transition’s drivers and implications.
THEMA helps clients to navigate this difficult environment and supports them in their investment decisions, renewable strategies, and power and energy procurement strategies. Based on our highly renowned and impartial market reports, databases and state-of-the-art quantitative models and tools, we offer a wide range of bespoke services. These include:
– Assessment of market risk for investors, including full market and regulatory due diligence
– Quantification of PPAs, including project-specific capture rate and capture price assessments
– Advice on PPA structures
– Assessment of other hedging options, in particular, quantification of weather risks for renewable investments
– Supporting off-takers in their renewable procurement strategies, including quantification of the value of residual load for alternative renewable procurement options
– Supporting off-takers in identifying alternative options for renewable procurement, including GO strategies
– Options for renewable heat in industrial processes, including hydrogen and biogas strategies
In short, we can support clients in a wide range of renewable energy decision processes, from investment and ownership decisions, procuring and pricing PPAs, right through to buying Guarantees of Origin (GOs).
THEMA has a long track record and extensive experience providing these services and supports a wide range of renewable investors, financial institutions, utilities and clients in the chemical and automotive industries, as well as other large off-takers.
If you are interested in our renewable investment and procurement advice services, please contact Dr. Arndt von Schemde or Marius Holm Rennesund for more information.