The energy transition is progressing rapidly and, while future low-carbon ambitions are clear, there are many unknowns and uncertainties along the way for market participants and investors. The rapid build-out of renewable energy sources and a continuously growing number of pledges to cut emissions from countries and corporates create a need to understand the energy transition’s drivers and implications.
THEMA helps clients to navigate this difficult environment and supports them in their investment decisions, renewable strategies, and power and energy procurement strategies. We offer a wide range of bespoke services based on our highly renowned and impartial market reports, databases, and state-of-the-art quantitative models and tools. These include:
- Evaluating market risk for investors, including full market and regulatory due diligence
- Quantitive analysis of PPAs, including the power prices realised by specific projects
- Advice on the structure of PPAs
- Assessment of other price hedging alternatives and the quantification of weather risk
- Procurement strategy support for renewable energy
- Support identifying alternatives for the procurement of renewable energy, including the use of guarantees of origin
- Analysing alternatives for renewable heating in industrial processes, including the use of hydrogen and biofuel
In short, we can support clients on a wide range of renewable energy decisions, covering everything from investment and ownership decisions, the procurement and pricing of PPAs, through to the use of Guarantees of Origin (GOs).
THEMA has extensive experience providing these services and supports a wide range of renewable investors, financial institutions, utilities and clients in the chemical and automotive industries, as well as other large energy consumers.
If you are interested in our renewable investment and procurement advice services, please contact Dr Arndt von Schemde or Marius Holm Rennesund for more information.