Our long-term market outlook for the Nordic market helps investors and developers to make informed investment decisions, based on independent, unbiased, and trustworthy advice. We base our advice on solid and state-of-the-art simulation models and tools, and the latest available data.
The Nordic market outlook covers Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden out to 2050. All bidding zones are included. The deliveries include a report and a complete data set in excel, plus workshops. Price data are delivered in hourly time resolution and include capture prices for wind onshore, wind offshore and PV. The forecast is updated quarterly.
- Report: A to the point report, summarizing and documenting main assumptions and results for our three main scenarios. The report provides an overview of the main price drivers, ranging from EU and national climate policies, technological developments, and fuel markets.
- Data: We deliver detailed data, including price and capture prices for all countries and bidding zones for the major renewable technologies. We also deliver full hourly price curves, allowing clients to study the results in detail. In addition, all key assumptions and other key parameters like capacity and generation mix, demand, and fuel prices, are included in the data package.
- Weather risk: Weather variations is a key risk in the Nordic market. We deliver additional data on the weather risk based on 40 different weather years. This helps clients design their hedging or PPA strategies for the coming years.
- Workshops: We offer B2B workshops where the client gets the opportunity to discuss assumptions, methods, and assessments of future energy scenarios with our power market experts.
- Special topic: The Nordic market report always contains a chapter on a topical issue that is chosen in collaboration with our report subscribers.
- Web portal access: Subscribers get access to the THEMA web portal, where reports and data can be downloaded. The portal also allows for easy data visualisation and analysis. The portal can be accessed here: https://portal.thema.no/
What you get
- Concise PDF report, detailed well-structured dataset, and workshop. The data material includes capture prices for main renewable technologies (wind onshore, offshore, PV), as well as hourly prices series. For subscription clients, the data and reports are also available via a web portal that allow for easy data access and visualisation.
- Prices: System price outlook as well as data per Nordic bidding zone until 2050.
- Market insight: Our thorough market analyses of price drivers and market risks provide clients with profound insights in the main drivers and uncertainties in the power markets.
- Demand, generation mix and trade: Analyses of developments in important factors for demand, production mix and trade. The demand analysis includes assessments of demand from electric transport, the petroleum sector, data centres, and other industry.
- Cannibalisation factors: We estimate capture prices for wind and solar power in all bidding zones.
- Scenarios and sensitivities: The outlook cover three scenarios for the power sector and include sensitivity analyses of a range of crucial price drivers.