We have extensive experience preparing price forecasts and power market analysis covering the Nordics and Europe.
We also have considerable expertise in network regulation and tax issues. This enables us to give investors a comprehensive understanding of the economics of the investment and potential changes and risk factors linked to network regulation.
Based on our price forecasts, our market expertise, our knowledge of technology development and our experience in company valuation, we offer comprehensive and tailor-made investment analyses and power plant valuations.
PPAs (Power Purchase Agreements) are increasingly used to secure financing for new renewable generation projects, especially wind farms. THEMA has supported several PPA processes with the analysis of alternative PPA structures, pricing models and risk assessments, based on our experience of the Nordic market, which has a long tradition of PPA use. For the Nordic market, we have an extensive database of existing and potential wind power projects, as well as a good overview of recent and existing PPAs.
We provide analysis and ongoing support that includes:
- The valuation of existing and new power plants, costs and earning potential based on expected production profiles and various power price scenarios
- Analysis of future balancing costs
- Descriptions and projections of network costs
- Risk assessments – both qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Analyses of various PPA structures based on our database of common structures and examples from the Nordics
- PPA pricing models, analysis of the cannibalisation effects for wind and solar and various models for the sharing of income and operational risk
- Bidding strategies and support throughout bidding processes
In addition to our own analysis and expertise, we work closely with leading law firms to offer the comprehensive support the project requires.